This is what we do…
- House to house collection around the streets of Caterham, Warlingham and Whyteleafe at Christmas.
- Christmas Collection at Knights Garden Centre Chelsham.
- Taking our Pimms Tent to The Caterham Carnival & The Caterham Street Party.
- Mulled wine stall in Caterham at Chrsitmas.
- The 1k & 5k Bunny Fun Run in Queens Park Caterham.
- Charity Golf Day.
- 60’s/70’s rock event.
- Charity Quiz
Here are just some of the organisations and events we have supported over the last 12 months:
- The Caterham Foodbank
- The Salvation Army Toy Appeal
- The Salvation Army -funding to help those in need in our Community during COVID-19.
- The Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Service.
- The Westway Centre Caterham on the Hill.
- Young Photographer and Young Chef’s competitions
- Sporting Excellence Award to 3 local school students
- SERV Blood runners
- Caterham First Responders
- The Annual Easter Bunny Fun Run in Queens Park Caterham.
- Prostate Awareness – A 2 yearly event to raise awareness of prostate disease.
- Reach Out – Senior citizens lunch and entertainment programme with free transport to and from the venue.
- Disabled Sports day – Helping to run an all-day event.
- Supporting Marie Curie, St Catherine’s Hospice and Macmillan Nurses.
- Singing carols at care homes and the local Dene Hospital at Christmas.
- The purchase and installation of defibrillators in key areas of Caterham.
- Supporting school student’s Rotary Clubs (Interact Clubs) in local senior schools.
- Sponsoring mathematics sets for local Year 6 pupils in order to contribute to the development of their numeracy skills.
- Sponsoring an annual local young students sports award.
- Organising an annual Young Photographer competition.
- Running a Young a Chef’s competition
- Supporting two local students every year for a Rotary Youth Leadership Award.
- Involving local schools in the Rotary worldwide campaign to eradicate polio.
Caterham Rotarians visiting the Kimilili Town in Kenya.
- Supporting the eradication of Polio in Pakistan, Nigeria and Afghanistan.
- Provision of Shelterboxes and Aquaboxes to disaster-hit areas of the world.
- Annual international evening at de Stafford School featuring food and music from countries around the world.
- Involvement in overseas cases of need including the provision of fresh water and food facilities and the development of education.
- Strong Link with the Kimilili schools in Kenya
Sports & Entertainment
Our Club has a very active sports and social programme. This gives members the opportunity to enjoy each others company and to form lifelong bonds. This plays an important part when members work together on the various projects that they are involved in during the year.
Here is just a sample of what we have done in the past:
- Visited the Magic Circle in London.
- Visited local breweries.
- Had day trips to France with our partners.
- Compete in Rotary competitions against other Rotary Clubs including darts, snooker, skittles and ten pin bowling.
- Had nights out with partners to local restaurants
- Held a summer garden sports & social event with partners.
- Had Sunday walks followed a pub lunch.
- Had guided tours of London.