What we do…
- House to house collection around the streets of Caterham at Christmas.
- Christmas Collection at Knights Garden Centre Chelsham.
- Supporting the Caterham Carnival and the Caterham Festival including the Street Party & Archaeological Dig.
- Charity Auctions.
- Charity Golf Day.
- Charity Race Night.
- Charity Quiz
Here are just some of the organisations we have supported over the last 12 months:
- St Catherine’s Hospice
- The Children’s Trust
- The Lily Foundation
- Caterham First Responders
- Street Youth Centre
- Caterham Red Cross
- The Douglas Brunton Centre
Santa and his sleigh at Christmas
Supporting the Starfish project – Help for Stammerers
- The Annual Easter Bunny Fun Run in Queens Park Caterham.
- Prostate Awareness – A 2 yearly event to raise awareness of prostate disease.
- Reach Out – Senior citizens lunch and entertainment programme with free transport to and from the venue.
- Disabled Sports day – Helping to run an all-day event.
- Supporting Marie Curie, St Catherine’s Hospice and Macmillan Nurses.
- Singing carols at care homes and the local Dene Hospital at Christmas.
- Running a local inter-schools debating competition and organising a public speaking competition.
- Gifting dictionaries to year 6 local school pupils in order to contribute to the enhancement of literacy skills.
- Selecting young local students for a sports sponsorship award.
- Involving local schools in the Rotary worldwide campaign to eradicate polio.
Aqua box filling with de Stafford School pupils
Collecting towards End Polio in Church Walk Caterham
- Supporting the eradication of Polio in Pakistan, Nigeria and Afghanistan.
- Provision of Shelterboxes and Aquaboxes to disaster-hit areas of the world.
- Annual international evening at de Stafford School featuring food and music from countries around the world.
- Involvement in overseas cases of need including the provision of fresh water facilities and the development of education.
Sports & Entertainment
Our Club has a very active sports and social programme. This gives members the opportunity to enjoy each others company and to form lifelong bonds. This plays an important part when members work together on the various projects that they are involved in during the year.
Here is just a sample of what we have done in the last 2 years:
- Visited the Magic Circle in London.
- Visited two local breweries.
- Had a day trip to France with our partners.
- Played cricket against Caterham Round Table.
- Competed in Rotary competitions against other Rotary Clubs including darts, snooker, skittles and ten pin bowling.
- A night out with partners at a local Thai restaurant.
- Held a summer sports evening with partners.
- Had a Sunday walk and pub lunch.